Park Slope Bike Train Friday
To help with your post-Sandy commute, I’m leading a bike train on Friday morning. We’ll depart from Gorilla Coffee, 97 5th Avenue, at 8:15 AM. We’ll head to the Manhattan Bridge via Bergen Street, Smith Street, and Jay Street. If you need assistance or directions getting somewhere in Manhattan after that I’ll make sure you get some help.
- You ride at your own risk.
- Ride safe and leave on time, or let your fellow commuters know asap if you can’t make it. We’ll provide cell and e-mail info to groups.
- If you’re speedy be prepared for a more leisurely pace.
- We will obey all traffic laws, including stopping for red lights, yielding to pedestrians, and riding with the direction of traffic.
- Bells and front and rear lights are required by law. Helmets are encouraged.
If you’re new to bike commuting or need to temporarily shift how you get to work this week please join! More details can be found here.
You can also find a full list of other bike trains, including one leaving from Red Lantern Bicycles in Fort Greene, and information about Transportation Alternatives’ commuter stations at Bikeapolis.